Chocolate lava cake has a molten center that leaves your heart satisfied. A recipe is very simple, full of chocolate, and only takes 25 minutes. sounds good, no?
This is a lazier version of the classic plain chocolate lava cake recipe. Simplicity is a must when it comes to quick individual-serving recipes. So this one is eaten right from the ramekin. Amazing, right? We also go for the full chocolate coverage as well. That means we only use the cocoa powder for dusting instead of icing sugar. And we put the layers of frozen milk chocolate right from the freezer! Again, chocolate dessert as it should be.
Why people love melting chocolate lava cakes?
An answer is simple: they are easy to make, baking them only takes 10 minutes (if you use a small ramekin) and they look fancy.
Also, you can never go wrong with this chocolate recipe. A chocolate lava cake is an underbaked chocolate cake which batter is edible. It can also be served with vanilla ice cream, forest fruit, or a salted caramel sauce.
I baked mine two times and my family loved them. If you would like to see how the batter should look like, or a final chocolate lava cake, can find a video recipe on my TikTok as well!
Lava cake with melting chocolate
- 100 g dark / milk chocolate
- 80 g unsalted butter plus extra butter for greasing the ramekin
- 2 eggs
- 110 g crystal sugar
- 12 g cocoa powder
- 15 g all-purpose flour
- Prepare 2 ramekins with a diameter of 13 cm. Grease each ramekin with butter and dust with cocoa powder.80 g unsalted butter, 12 g cocoa powder
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Melt the dark/milk chocolate with butter in the microwave or in a water bath. Let it cool.100 g dark / milk chocolate, 80 g unsalted butter
- Whisk eggs with crystal sugar until creamy. Pour in the chocolate mixture and stir. Then whisk in the flour and cocoa powder. Slowly stir everything together with a rubber spatula or a wooden spoon. The batter will be thick.2 eggs, 110 g crystal sugar, 15 g all-purpose flour
- Pour the batter into greased and dusted ramekins to 3/4 of the ramekins. Place ramekins in the oven and bake for 20 minutes. The cakes will be still soft in the center even after 20 minutes.
- Take the lava cakes out of the oven and place them on the heat-resistant mat. The tops of the cakes are not even, they can have bumps, or they can get over the ramekin.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes. The top should fall a little but if not – use a fork to get the cake inside the ramekin and make an even surface. On top I put a thin layer of cold milk chocolate right from the fridge, then dust the tops with cocoa powder (or just dust the tops!) . Cakes should be eaten while they're still warm right from the ramekins.12 g cocoa powder
- you can use a smaller ramekin, just bake the cakes for less minutes (8-10)
- be careful and don’t open the oven in the middle of baking, the center can fall down and destroy your cake
- can be served with vanilla ice cream as well
HERE’S A SHORT VERSION ON HOW TO MAKE A CHOCOLATE LAVA CAKE:
100 g dark/milk chocolate
80 g butter
– make melted chocolate by heating them together
– let it cool
110 g crystal sugar
– mix until creamy
– add melted chocolate
12 g cocoa powder
15 g flour
– mix with spatula until flour disappears
– grease the ramekin (13 cm diameter)
– pour the mixture to 3/4 of the ramekin
– bake at 180 C for 20 minutes
– let it cool for 10 minutes on the kitchen corner
– I added a cold layer of milk chocolate on top (by pouring the melted chocolate on the aluminum foil and chilling in the freezer for 40 minutes, then taking pieces of cold slices of chocolate on top of the lava cake)
– cocoa powder on top
SK: Lávový koláč
skvelý dezert pre dvoch, ktorý je plný krémovitej čokolády a rozlieva sa na jazyku
100 g horkej/mliečnej čokolády
80 g masla (Hera)
– roztopte čokoládu vo vodnom kúpeli alebo v mikrovlnke
– nechajte vychladnúť
110 g kryštálového cukru
– miešajte do krémova
– pridájte rozpustenú čokoládu
12 g kakaa
15 g múky
– miešame spatulou, kým múka nezmizne
– vymastite ramekin (priemer 13 cm)
– zmes nalejte do 3/4 ramekinu (alebo 1/2)
– pečte pri 180 C 20 minút
– 10 min nechajte vychladnúť na doske vonku
– ja som na vrch pridala studenú vrstvu mliečnej čokolády (roztopenou čokoládu som naliala na alobal a dala na 40 minút chladiť do mrazničky, potom som odlepila kúsky studených plátkov čokolády a poukladala na vrch)
– posypte kakaom